Back to school 2019
Get back into the swing of school with Auckland Libraries back to school resources!
We have plenty of books, online databases and events to keep kids busy and help them prepare to learn.
Browse our specially curated book lists for kids and teens.
- Mindfulness for kids
- Coding for kids
- Native animals of New Zealand
- Myths and legends from NZ and the Pacific
- Dyslexia friendly reads for kids
- Reread a childhood favourite
- Diverse teen reads
- Kickstart your teen's reading
- Dyslexia friendly reads for teens
- A little homework help
Online resourcesVisit our Homework Help page where we have lots of online resources to help you with your homework or assignments.
Check out these databases for kids and teens:
- World Book Kids
- Opposing viewpoints in context
- Student resources in context
- Discovery - National Archives
- Many Answers
EventsWe have a range of afterschool events for tamariki throughout the year:
- Children's book club at Māngere Bridge Library
- Kids creative club at Manurewa Library
- How Tuesday! Afterschool Makerspace at New Lynn War Memorial Library
- BYO homework at Rānaui Library
- Afterschool homework help at Glen Innes Library
- Afterschool homework help at Onehunga Library
- STEM tween club at Botany Library
- Teen book club at Mt Roskill Library
Jump into technology by exploring our Makerspaces - laboratories where you can explore hangarau (technology). Find out how to get involved.
New titlesFind brand new fun and fascinating fiction and nonfiction for pre-school and school-age kids.
You can also download eBooks from the OverDrive website written specifically for tamariki and rangatahi. Browse OverDrive for picture books, chapter books and more.