Books and Beyond: Words and pictures
This week on Books and Beyond, Karen and Louisa look at books illustrated by artists, books about artists and books by artists, from Hundertwasser for kids to Andy Warhol’s diaries.
Listen to this week's episode on PlanetFM's website and read on for all the books mentioned in the show.
- Tu Meke Tūī, by Malcolm Clarke, illustrated by Flox. Also available in te reo Māori
- Hundertwasser for kids: harvesting dreams in the realm of the painter-king by Barbara Stieff
- And Picasso painted Guernica by Alain Serres
- The lonely city: adventures in the art of being alone by Olivia Laing
- This is not writing by Julian Dashford
- Picasso: an intimate portrait by Olivier Widmaier Picasso
- Strangeland by Tracey Emin
- My life in a column by Tracey Emin
- The Andy Warhol diaries edited by Pat Hackett
- Gordon Walters: new vision curated by Lucy Hammonds, Laurence Simmons and Julia Waite.
Gordon Walters: New vision exhibition is on at Auckland Art Gallery until 4 November 2018.